The National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT) Agartala Centre (Formerly RIELIT, Agartala) is the 11thCentre of NIELIT (formely DOEACC Society) in the country and the 5th in the North-Eastern Region. NIELIT is an autonomous body of the Department of Information Technology (DIT), Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Govt. of India. More about the Society are available at relevant pages of this website as well as at the NIELIT website http://nielit.gov.in/.
NIELIT Agartala Centre is aimed to facilitate the youth of Tripura to have easy access to education and training in the field of computer science and Information technology in a well-equipped state- of -the -art training infrastructure with qualified & trained faculty members, resulting in generation of quality and employable manpower.
The Initial Training Facility of the NIELIT Agartala Centre was inaugurated formally on 10th February’ 2009 by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tripura Sri Manik Sarkar in presence of Sri Badal Choudhury, Hon’ble Minister –Revenue, Finance, PWD etc.,Tripura; Sri Tapan Chakraborty, Hon’ble Minister – IT, Health & FW etc., Tripura; Sri Sankar Prasad Datta, MLA, Tripura; Prof. A. Saha, Vice Chancellor, Tripura Central University; Sri K.P. Goswami, Commissioner & Secretary, Dept. of Information Technology, Govt. of Tripura and Dr. S. Birendra Singh, Executive Director, NIELIT , New Delhi. The center has started training activity with ITES (Customer Care) training from December, 2008 and with DOEACC 'O' level and 'A' level training programs (both Software and Hardware) from February, 2009.
The Govt. of Tripura has handed over 15.00 Acre plot of land, near Industrial Growth Centre at Radha Kishore Nagar Mouza near Agartala for setting up of the permanent infrastructure of the NIELIT Agartala Centre. The facilities at the commissioned already at the Initial Training Facility at Indranagar has been shifted to the permanent campus at Bodhjungnagar, R. K. Nagar from 1st January 2016 onwards.
NIELIT Agartala in the field of Cyber Security:
It is proposed to develop and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms standard modules and materials on cyber security awareness in local language s of the respective states school and college students and government departments through NIELIT in North-Eastern Region states of Nagaland, Mizoram & Tripura.
Accordingly, NIELIT Agartala executed training for 3209 nos. of School students, 1715 nos. of College students, 295 nos. of Govt. officials and 60 Nos. of Master Trainers under the ‘Creating mass cyber Security awareness among schools, colleges and Government employees through appropriate training and campaign mechanism in North-Eastern States of Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura’ to be implemented by NIELIT” . Furthermore, the following activities done by NIELIT Agartala in order to create mass awareness about cyber security.
- A web-portal namely www.cybersecawarness.in has been developed and linked with the NIELIT Agartala Centre website. http://nielit.gov.in/agartala/
- Translation of Course Content in local languages of Bengali and Kokborok has been completed and uploaded at web portal (www.cybersecawarness.in).
- Fliers are designed and distributed with Local Dailies.
- Cyber Security related Quiz competition, essay competition conducted among school and college students.
- A talk show on Cyber Security Awareness had been recorded on 24/01/2014 at Doordarshan Kendra Agartala and has been broadcasted in DDK Agartala on 05/02/2014 at 7:30 PM.
- Talk Show on local FM Radio Channel – Radio Ooh La La – conducted on 15th August 2014
- Android App for Cyber Security Awareness has been developed as a free-to-download Google Play App. Using “NIELIT Cyber Security” keyword, it is freely downloadable from Google Play Store.
- Puppet Show Videos have been developed on 15 different topics in Bengali, English, Mizo and Nagamese languages. Puppet Videos are accessible from below link: